Around the world the terminology of swinging is changed by language and local custom.
Often there are different names given to clubs to meet local preferences or as a way of getting around local legislation against swinging.
Here is a lexicon of some of these terms and few translations.
- A swinger is a person who has sex with other people for FREE.
- If money is paid by or to a person for sexual services this is NOT swinging, it is prostitution.
Here are a few definitions of club types:
- A swingers club or Swingers Party is a place where people pay an entrance fee to cover the cost of
maintaining the building, paying the staff, covering the cost of utilities and giving the owner a return on their investment.
- In Germany also called a Pärchenclub
- In Spain also called Club Liberal or Fiesta liberal
- Swingers Bar: These are bars which have a play area in the rear.
- In Spain called a Bar Liberal or Local Liberal
- In Germany called a Frivole Bar
- A BDSM Club is where people meet for Bondage, Domination, Sadistic and Masochistic games.
- A Fetish club is where people meet whilst dressed in outfits that give them sexual or emotional gratification.
- A brothel is a club where girls (boys) are employed to have sex with customers for money - any club calling itself a swingers club but paying people to have sex with clients is NOT a swingers club.
- A swingers meeting place where no sex occurs is called:
- In UK: A munch or Swingers Social
- In USA: A meet and Greet or Swingers Dance, the term "Off Premise" is also commonly used.
- Many Americans ban swinging, so people arrange meet and greets at hotels where everyone books a room. If people hit it off they will retire to each others rooms for play
Since David started building swingers sites in 1997, it became obvious that many people do not understand what a lot of the acronyms (abbreviations) used within the scene mean.
He has put together a list below - probably not a fully comprehensive one - to try and help people understand what these abbreviations mean.
If you want to suggest some more terms to add to this list please drop me an email at [email protected]
sexual stimulation through the look, feel and smell of rubber, usually associated with BDSM.